News from Houston, while you patiently wait, has arrived, my friends.
1. I am alive.
2. The flood waters, as of this morning, are not near my home. Other parts of Houston are terribly flooded.
3. We haven’t seen flood waters like this in 500 years. Hurricane season begins June 1st. God help us if these past few months are any indication of what is to come.
4. My school year has ended. Tears have been abundant, as I whisper goodbye to the sweetest group of children. I’ve cleaned and locked the classroom door. Currently exhaling into a summer routine.
5. I have no idea how often I will post a poem. I’ll try to continue posting in the morning. I am off schedule right now. For that I apologize. Inspire me…like I know you can, please.
6. The rain has me a bit sad. No worries. I have so much to be thankful for right now.
7. I leave in eight days for Allenspark, Colorado. I’m meeting my family there for a celebration. I know you’ve all been wondering…
8. Dad is cancer free! His results are in and he has fought leukemia and won. I couldn’t be more proud of my cowboy daddy. His fight made me a stronger woman. His desire to fight and decision to do so helps me believe in determination. Anything is possible. I couldn’t write an entire post. I’m too emotional right now.
9. Dad is my hero. I can’t wait to sit with him while he fishes the Colorado River behind our mountain paradise. I look forward to holding his hand. Making his coffee and meals while we enjoy being together. Happily fighting my sisters to spoil him rotten. I look forward to seeing my father and brother bond over family memories. My family thrives in Colorado.
10. I’m days away from a wonderful cross-country journey, once again. Y’all know how I love this part of my year.
11. New Mexico has been added to my travels. Looking forward to seeing it, and taking photos. I’m already excited about the poetry I’ll be writing for you. Hope you are, as well.
12. Nebraska misses me. I miss Nebraska. I love my home state. I will visit briefly after Colorado. I’m already sad I won’t be there long, but I choose to make the most of my visit.
13. I can’t believe summer is already here.
14. My thoughts are moving so quickly right now. Hence the reason for the list. I need to be concise with my update.
15. I am tired of the rain. I remember praying for rain with my dad in Kansas, as we watched his favorite fishing hole dry up. I know either extreme is torture.
16. My nephew Craig died 13 years ago today. My sister is my hero.
17. I have emotions running so deep within me. Praises for God, who knows best. Longing for a little boy, who changed my outlook on life and reminded me of what is important. Truly important. Love. I have a desire, to be the best woman I can be for those I love. Sadness towards those I’ve disappointed or discouraged.
18. I hate that my communication skills are lacking. I know there is something I should have said and didn’t. Living with a lifetime of regret, but feeling better as I accept and move forward.
19. I know I have an incredible future ahead of me.
20. Thank you for being such a wonderful supportive group. I feel loved.
I think I’ve covered everything. Thanks for reading. You continue to give me so many smiles on a daily basis, while making a choice to read my poetry. Your effort does not go ignored. I couldn’t ask for anything more than a smile in return. Thank you for checking in on me over night and this morning. I feel your concern. Those of you who have reached out since the rain coverage began, please know, you matter and I simply adore you. Thank you for making me feel loved.
Meanwhile, in other parts of Houston:
thinking of you
stopped by for a smile
decided on more
Giggle! These lizards are frisky amongst all the rain. May you find your reason to smile today.
I love you guys ~ Audrey