Okay, its award time. Trust me, this has been a long time coming. I am way behind in thanking everyone for encouraging me. I have to say that I was surprised at the amount of friends I have to thank. Some of you shocked me. I didn’t even know you were reading my posts. For the record, I have a special place in my heart for you quiet readers. I happen to be one on occasion.
This is a long post. I’ve tried to speed it up as best I can without taking away from the bloggers who truly need a push and the recognition. Please forgive my writing errors today. I’m not going to say I didn’t spell check, because it may be the only thoughtful correcting I did for you.
We’ve got to get to this quick, as you all know how much work goes in to posting and pasting all of this important information. I want to make sure I get it correct for all of us. Just please know I am thrilled to have my badges on the side of my blog and am thankful for such a supportive group of followers. Okay, this is going to be fun, I promise.
Blog of the Year Award
The first person to nominate me for this award was Patty. Patty’s blog, Petitemagique, is a constant source of inspiration. She is often times a quiet force on my page. She politely reads, likes and moves on, so when she decided to nominate me for the 2013 Blog of the Year I was blown away. Check her site out soon, you’ll devour the artistic expression that seems to be flowing like a cool stream. I enjoy her poetry very much. She makes me smile, too. I love her sense of protection for fellow bloggers. It’s very Sister-like and I like Sisters. Keep at it strong, Patty. Blessings!
Another blogger on WordPress decided to surprise me with this award, six times over, and his name is Don Charisma. His blog, DonCharisam.org has a lot going on and something for everyone. Who’d have thought that this man had time to send out awards or talk to anyone. One late night, during my holiday vacation and while writing, this sneaky fellow inundated my inbox with nominations and awards. I have to say, it was shocking, and I like being shocked.
There isn’t much I can say about DC that hasn’t already been said by others. I’d like to encourage people who don’t already follow him to check out his newest idea. Whose Blog is it Anyway?, is impro or improv blogging. Read more about it and follow along with, let’s be honest, everyone. I’ve enjoyed much of what has been written. I’ve even found new blogs to follow. My interaction with Mr. Charisma has always been entertaining and he seems to be a constant gentlemen. Thanks for the nomination, Don.
The rules for this Award are
1-Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
2-Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3-Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4-Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link:http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5-You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page. Click the link here:https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear
Share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6-And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award-and then proudly display the award on your blog- and start collecting stars!
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award
In order to accept this award I have to tell you seven ‘facts’ about myself. This seems easy enough, don’t you think. How do I not accept this award? I love talking about myself. Ugh. Get your foot stool, my friends. 😉 Possibly a cup of coffee in honor of the ladies who nominated me for this fierce award. Who knew Dragon’s gave awards? I didn’t! Dragons go nicely with castles, long, long, ago and knights, well you couldn’t pull me away from this one even if you tried – even if you’re brave enough. The woman in the award even has red hair…maybe she’s me? Oh boy!
First I need to thank the two women who gave me this award:
Jennifer Windram has a blog named after herself, and I like that. She features her fiction and every day issues with managing a blog. She’s currently working on a novel about vampires, so she has a fantasy side about her which I enjoy. I am also encouraged by the stack of books on her header…hmm. 🙂 Jennifer is a source of sweetness and her About Me page makes me smile. Her writing is top-notch. I’m always happy to see a comment from her and I keep a close eye on what’s happening with her writing. Her aspirations are headed in a direction I identify with routinely. Thanks for recognizing me and for the award, Jennifer!
Kate Loveton’s blog is called Odyssey of a Novice Writer. I don’t even know where to start with this woman’s abilities. Let’s just say that I’m going to enjoy my time and friendship with her while it lasts, because she’s headed places. Fast! She and I have enjoyed getting to know each other and I’m often thrilled with her informative posts on books. Read her post on accepting this award. It cracks me up! Thanks for the award, Kate. Don’t forget me when you’re published and come see me in Texas when you finally are, my friend.
Okay! Seven things about me:
1. I can be a frustrating creature when I don’t feel like talking.
2. Currently, I’m talking via emoticons and stickers to my three siblings. It’s been the most fun. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of the bond we have with one another. The simple pictures we send to one another tell a story. One we all laugh at and completely understand. Oh how I love them.
3. I want to take a pottery class.
4. I’m still eating candy canes…ugh. I love them and their red stripes.
5. I’m currently in need of a walk by the water. I’m feeling reflective and in need of a meaningful conversation.
6. I love the video that goes along with the song, Superman by Daughtry. Not usually a fan of his, but that song was written beautifully. I can’t tell you how many posts I wrote while listening to it. Random, I know.
7. I was so busy being present in my siblings lives over the holidays that I don’t think we had enough meaningful conversations. I regret it now that I’m home and processing our time together.
Versatile Blogger Award
The rules of the Award are as follows:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. (I choose to use the 7 from the first award. Just saving you all a bit of time. Look at me being so sweet and amazing, as I pay attention to my wristwatch for you.)
Although, I’ve been blessed with this award already I want to acknowledge the two women who chose to send me some love. This award giving and receiving business never gets old. I still light up when I receive one in my inbox. Do you want to know why? Mostly because I’m shocked that people remember who I am after a nights sleep or that something I’ve said echos inside them. It’s the biggest complement. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of it. I am thankful for the support I receive here on WordPress.
I’m thankful for Heather. Stop by her blog and say hello. Trials of a wanna-be-published writer is written by a woman with a kind heart and a love of coffee. We’ve bonded over her kisses, xxx, truly we have. I reminisced over my British college friends, and she patiently listened. I’ve fallen for her. She’s a dear. Please drop by and encourage her when you can. She’s currently working on a blogging challenge. She’s fearless and an inspiration. Heather’s been such a support and I couldn’t be happier that she found me. Or I found her, either way, I’m thrilled I can make her laugh.
Amreen? Can we get real for a minute? Can I just tell you how surprised I was by your seeking me out. You’ve always been such a quiet one over there on your blog, Paint the world with words. I’ve mentioned how often it’s you guys that shock me the most. I am thrilled that you find me worthy of mentioning. I am proud of you for finishing your Poetry E-Book : Thoughtfully Crafted Words. I’m keeping my eye on your poetry. Keep up the great work and thank you.
Okay, I know this is a long post and I’m nearly done. Can you stick with me for just a couple more shout outs? It would be a relief to get these thank you’s off the proverbial chest, if you know what I mean. In the future I may have to resort to just saying thank you. Oh my, the work that goes into making sure all the links work out correctly. It’s a challenge for sure, but I’m getting very fast at it. Just call me Quick Silver from now on. Whoopie!
Apparently, Don Charisma thinks I’m inventive, as well. He’s given me his Inventive Blogger award. He clearly stated that he thought his nominees were inventors. I wonder what it is that he thinks I’ve created? I may have to inquire further. Maybe it has something to do with my picture, he seems to find it rather interesting. Something to do with a show in England called Red Dwarf and a character called “chinface”. Hmm… Since the conversation I’ve been questioning whether or not I need a new photo. LOL Anyway, thank you, Don Charisma for the award and the laughs.
Directions for accepting The Inventive Blogger Award:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the The Inventive Blogger Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen- there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3. Include in your blog post *FIVE* things that you enjoy about blogging.
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The Inventive Blogger Award” via this link: http://DonCharisma.org/2013/12/24/christmas-awards-the-inventive-blogger-award
6. And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then proudly display the award on your blog.
Five Things I enjoy about blogging:
- The people – you guys make me laugh, cry and push harder to keep your attention. I love you!
- The fearlessness I feel after each entry just continues to grow and it’s because of the support from fellow bloggers.
- Relationships that seem to form from comments I wasn’t sure I should write, because I didn’t think anyone would find them useful. It’s an amazing feeling to know that something I’ve said, out of encouragement, has helped.
- Mostly, I love being taught and every day I am taught by you guys. You make me smarter by just being around you. Thank you!
The I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award
Mr. Charisma is at it again! This time he’s made his own award to calm fellow bloggers while they wait for the news that they’ve been Freshly Pressed. Have I mentioned that you should check out his blog? LOL I’m beginning to think he’s suckered me into promoting his blog…hmm. Sneaky fellow, I’d say. (No, it’s actually my fault for not getting to these awards quicker. Aud, don’t go blaming the guy who hands out all the awards. 😉
The I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed Award information is found in the link. Lot’s of great information about why he made the award and how to accept it. Unfortunately, I’ve been on this award train long enough and have lost most of my followers due to the length of my post. Then again maybe I haven’t. I hope I haven’t. I think its pretty great that he’s decided to give everyone a little faith in themselves and have a bit of fun with the pressures of feeling good enough. You’ll notice that there are a few different styles to choose from when picking yours out. I look forward to seeing which one you all choose. Thanks for the support, Mr. Charisma.
I was also given this award by Michele Anderson. Her blog, Life as a Garden, currently has a post about dharma and finding your passion. She has found a way to help many people with her views on life. Lot’s of interesting discussions happening over there, so make sure you stop by. She may be the nicest person on WordPress. She loves you, she’ll tell you that and offer to help. We should all have a Michele in our life, if you don’t you should take her as your very own. She’s adorable.
In order to fulfill my obligations to the I’m NOT Featured on Freshly Pressed award I need to give you a paragraph on why I’d like to be Freshly Pressed.
It’ll be hard to answer that question, because I don’t think I have the desire. I used to, and I’ll admit it. The first two months of my blog I wrote for Freshly Pressed. I obsessed over making it happen. I did it thinking that being featured there was how I proved I could write. Who was I trying to prove that to? Myself? The people who gave up on me? The one who still tries to keep me down? My parents and siblings? I think mostly myself, as I’m still trying to catch up with lost time. Freshly Pressed doesn’t mean anything to me right now. Not at this point in my writing. You’ve all given me the love and acknowledgement I think I needed to feel worthy. Worthy of getting up and writing something from my heart daily.
I want to give these awards to all of you that made it to the bottom of this long post. I’d say there’s about a month and a half of awards here. I’m feeling pretty blessed. Please leave a comment and let me know you made it to the end. I’ll give you every one of these awards personally! I have a few people in mind and you know who you are, right? I have no doubt. I may have to come up with a new award that I’ll call…
I Survived Aud’s Longest Post Ever!
Now that’s an idea! I need someone to make a button now.