Just when I thought I’d been making good progress with consistent blog posts, I got busy. When I got busy with life wonderful things happened. By wonderful, I mean, someone stopped by my blog to let me know I had received an award.
Well I was just shocked, of course I was.
I had seen this award on other pages and read their acceptance letters with interest, wondering how these awards were chosen and who was allowed to give them out. I even speculated on who got to do the awarding and if they were qualified. This went on for months: I’d read a new blog post, then read about the blogger and finally accept the internal desire to achieve this
big time award just as they had, by the power of connecting with others through my posts.
It seemed that this award had been sneaking around WordPress taunting me and reminding me that I hadn’t put in the time to properly receive it, yet. I allowed it to set the pace, to remind me and to push me through nights of writing with consistency. I had decided that I was going to allow the process, especially after learning this award was given by fellow bloggers who were taking the time to read my posts.
Earlier this week, in the midst of “Back To School Fantasia 2013”, I was nominated not once, but twice for the Liebster Award!
I can’t even believe it myself, so go ahead and take a minute to lift your jaw back up. I too was under the assumption that you had to have hundreds of followers in order to receive an award that made you feel like you’d “Arrived” and then inevitably, allowed to stay.
I honestly feel like I can now admit that I not only write a blog, but that also, someone thinks I’m doing a pretty good job! Four months into writing a blog and I’m showered with pats on the back, thank you!
The first person I need to thank is, My OCD Diaries. I’ve been following her blog for some time now and she’s probably one of the first bloggers I began following here on WordPress. She’s creative, opinionated and a super supporter, so thank you, my friend! Check out her post Freshly Unim-Pressed… it makes me laugh out loud, as I strive for that recognition, as well. I continue to be motivated by your honesty, your recent post was so full of truth and I can relate to your need to confess any weaknesses. Your ability to accept newbies has made me feel right at home. May God continue to bless you, my dear. We have a similar sense of humor and I’ve enjoyed getting to know you.
My OCD Diaries also awarded me with an accolade that made me feel all special inside, too. I love being part of a creative family of Bloggers.
Next I want to hug and squeeze on Brenda and her blog, friendlyfairytales. I’m 100% in love with the newest video on her blog, which she made with her sons ( I love the Fish Laugh part, her son was spot on with that realization.) and I’m awakened by how wide her creativity reaches.
She is an amazing cheerleader and I’ve enjoyed becoming buddies. We share so many similar interests but also she’s triggered many memories by her posts. It’s been an honor to read her thoughts and I look forward to a new post. She claims it’s the greatest free fairy tale site in all the land, and I agree. She just booms with love and acceptance.
In addition to nominating me for the Liebster Award she has also awarded me with a super sized, all at one time, cluster of, Let’s Make Her Feel Way Too Overly Confident, humbling award lineup. They are as follows:
Wow, right!! There were so many, I know there’s a prettier way to show those off, but I’m still learning.
It’s just a room full of sweet candies right now isn’t it. I’m slowly enjoying every piece and am so thankful for the love.
For this Liebster Award, the rules are as follows:
You must link back the person that nominated you.
You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
To try to save you some time, I’m going to get right to my nominees. I will enjoy reading your answers to my questions and your posts containing your acceptance speeches. However, if this really isn’t your thing, please just smile and move on. Just continue to do what you do well. I’m reading it. Most of all, I want these Bloggers to keep it up.
Oh, and I realize I have a few on here that are over the 200 followers limit, but I haven’t been around long enough to find those -200 followers Bloggers, we’re hard to find.
I’m one of them, I have 60 official followers, those of you who haven’t signed up, I’ll keep trying to convince you. I’m working to grow my followers but it’s going to take time. I know you’re out there and I hope I can post something to convience you to join me in my journey.
Best of luck on your blogging endeavors, Nominees:
1. Baby Gates Down – I love her Header..kinda looks like me when I’m crying. 🙂
2. Being Nenne – Her post “Can I Have a Word With You?” Loved it. I feel for her.
3. Flowers and Breezes – We were friends at “Mario”. I giggled through Versatile Blogger
4. Heidi M. Thomas – I’ve silently taken her advice and can’t wait to know her better.
5. Jumbled Writer – Just love how this site looks. Fun. I have Theme Envy.
6. Project Momentarily – Five words: The Picture of the Hands. Beautiful Blog.
7. My OCD Diaries – Girl, I just wanted you to know I think you’re awesome.
8. Thistles and Kiwis – I think we’ve established how much I love the Scottish. ADORE!
9. Quarter Life Lauren – Her recent post takes me back to all those stick shifts. Quality.
10. chrismcmullen – Mind challenging posts. Wealth of information. Funny, too.
Now that the hard part is over with I can reveal my answers to the questions given to me by My OCD Diaries.
1. If you were the last person on earth, which food would you wish to have an endless supply of?
Tex Mex all day long, but if it had to be only one item I’d have to choose salted/shelled pistachios.
2. Which of the following celebrities would you like to grab hold of, shake, and scream, “You’re ruining your life!” at?
a)Lindsay Lohan b)Amanda Bynes c)Miley Cyrus d)All of the above
Miley. I think because she’s not completely a lost cause, yet, and hope she truly does have a supportive family behind her. I just want Smiley Miley back… 😦
3. How many licks DOES it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
I have no idea, I’d much rather cut the stick off and roll it around in my mouth until it’s gone.
4. If you could be any animal, which would it be and why?
I’d be one of my Dad’s chickens. Those birds give him so much joy and make him smile. I’d want to continue to do that in animal form.
5. Will Ferrell, or Will Smith?
Will Ferrell without the ice skates.
6. Do public restrooms creep you out?
7. What’s the first thing you’d do if you had a million dollars?
I’d retire my mother, so she could enjoy her grandchildren.
8. French toast, French fries, or French bread?
French toast with peanut butter and warm syrup, which actually may be my answer to number one if I stop to think about it.
9. You’re late for an appointment and you come upon a turtle that’s trying to make its way across a busy street. Do you:
a) Pull over, run out into the street when it’s clear, snatch up the turtle and bring him safely across;
b) Keep on truckin’ along. You’re not one to be late…for anything;
c) Decide that he’d make a great stew and toss him in the trunk of your car.
A. That’s easy because it’s what I did with my friend, Wendie. Unfortunately, we realized a block later that we had returned him to the side of the street that he had started from. Poor turtle… Hence my need to try and pay closer attention to specific details…
10. You rub your hands against your starbucks cup to warm them, and a genie pops out. She declares that you’ve been granted 3 wishes, and that your macchiato is a little bland today. What do you wish for?
- For a White Chocolate Mocha extra hot because obviously I had ordered wrong.
- I’d wish for all of my favorite people to live in the same town, preferably where I could have an enormous porch to congregate on where we would teach each other, feed each other and laugh together.
- For anyone lost for answers to lean towards God.
I know you guys are all thinking, will she ever stop showing off all her swagger? No, not yet, anyway. I have to list my questions for my nominees now. Phew, this really is a lot of work. I pray you’ve stuck with me, we’re almost done.
1. If your request had been approved to change your height tomorrow, from tall to short or short to tall, what would your first task be with your new height?
2. City Mouse or Farm Mouse?
3. If you had upstairs neighbors who were driving you crazy with their music, which item would you use to get even?
a. broomstick b. catapult and bowling ball c. a knock at the door and bottle of wine
4. You’re awarded a 7 day stay in a luxury treehouse or a beach resort, which would you choose?
5. Mustang or Camero?
6. Singing lullabies to children or pushing a wheelchair for the elderly?
7. Cooking with Paula Dean or Working with Matt Lauer?
8. If the cast of The Big Bang Theory knocked on your door right now, which one of them would you have to resist punching in the mouth? Why?
a. Leonard b. Sheldon c. Penny d. Howard e. Raj f. Amy g. Bernadette h. Other
9. Super Mario 3 or Tetris?
10. Assume nothing happened last weekend and it was a quiet few nights at home. What do you wish would have happened?
Okay, Audrey Dawn is done. My fingers have typed themselves numb. I did a quick read through, but frankly, this took forever with all the linking so it is what it is and I enjoyed the process. Thanks for sticking with me and for all the amazing support!!!!!!!!
16 thoughts on “Give This Girl An Award – She’ll Chew On It Forever”
Four of the many reasons I so adore you…
Your answers to questions #4… #7… #9… and #10… However… #3 was pretty cute…
I nominated you for the versatile blogger award and I know you’ve won this already but couldn’t help myself:)
Thank you so much. Wow, it never gets old hearing someone thinks I have something to say worth hearing. Truly. *smiling* This, coming from you and your talent, is an honor. I appreciate your acknowledgement. I continue to try, my friend. I have really enjoyed your poetry lately. Hope it has finally began warming up for you a bit. 🙂
Hi, yeah this piece of writing is in fact nice and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
You gotta love that!
I had been blogging for over 3 yrs before I got My first blog award.
Congratulations on this and these.
Pingback: Awards! Awards! Awards! | Baby Gates Down
Can I meet Paula Deen and Matt Lauer? Too hard to choose!
Sent from my iPhone
❤ Julie, yes we'll do both.
Great Post! Thanks BIG for the kind words. You’re a wonderful writer, keep up the good work!
Thank you so much for the kind words! I’m sure you know – as a new blogger yourself – it’s so good to know that there’s someone out there enjoying what you are writing. Also enjoying your blog and looking forward to checking out the others on the list. You made my night. Thanks!
I’m so glad you had a positive reaction to the award. I look foward to seeing our stories unfold.
Hear hear! Thanks again 🙂
Wow, girl, you do love you some Liebster. I have to admit to being thrilled to get the Liebster, too. 🙂 I loved your turtle story, that poor guy. That may percolate its way into a story…
You are a funny writer. LOL!! And wow, your words about friendlyfairytales made me tear right up. I have to tell my kids you gave a shout-out about the video, they are very proud of themselves. 🙂 I wish you great success with your blog and blessings to you and yours. And may the fae treat you kindly. 😉
I am always excited about feedback. I’ll take it in any form. The Liebster is “frosting” all over this blog. See how easily I get excited?! ❤ The support!
I love excitement. It’s a kissing cousin to joy, after all. 🙂 Blessings to your and yours! Brenda