There is nothing like logging in and seeing notifications from fellow bloggers and friends. Recently, I had two friends stop by to let me know that they had chosen me for the Sunshine Award. I think this award is fantastic and let me tell you why. It’s fantastic because I feel like I was born radiating sunshine, so me getting this seems predestined, right? I mean just look at this baby picture…
Crazy, right? I’m glowing, here. This red hair of mine has forever been a beacon of light, but I’ve gotten used to it. 😉
No, in all seriousness, I couldn’t be more appreciative of this award. The award comes from two ladies who have been such helpful consultants and frequent commentors on my blog. They help me feel like I belong on WordPress. I’d love it if you stopped by and give them some love.
The Library Lady and Rosie Bear : Geanie, a.k.a Library Lady, is a fellow bookaholic and still enjoys the company of Rosie Bear, her childhood pal. The two of them can make you laugh through stories and book reviews. Geanie has a way of making you feel like you’re in the room with her. I like that, a lot. She has a heart of gold, so stop by when you get a chance.
Princess of the Light: Shining the Light For All: MRS. N, the Author is very busy with NaBloPoMo, but her main focus is getting her book, Princess of the Light, published. MRS. N spreads sunshine consistently on her blog. She’s worth checking out, send her well wishes as she carries out her dream.
Now, to keep with the rules of this award I have to share ten random facts about myself. I’ve gotten this award before, so now I’m technically offering out twenty random facts about myself. I feel like that’s quite a lot, if I get this award again there may not be many secrets left for me. Well, there would be a few. 😉 Y’all better not laugh at me. Or do, I can laugh at myself, quite easily, I assure you. Honesty, is one of my best/worst traits, if you ask I will share. Just like eye contact, if someone gives it to me, then I return the favor. This act leaves me no choice, since Geanie and MRS. N shared, I will also share.
I wish I had some intro music…or David Letterman.
1. I love plain cheesecake. Don’t ever ask me if I want nuts, chocolate, fruit, cookies or a drizzling of any sort on my cheesecake. I can’t get excited about that with you. You’re on your own there, friend. Why mess up a good thing, that’s my question to you.
2. I had two 4-H steers growing up. The first one was a Hereford-Angus cross named Panda. I loved him so much. Next was Dude, he was a pain in the butt and he lived up to his name. He loved having his hair blown-out and waved or curled for show. Obviously, he was a diva.
3. I love cowboys. My dad’s nickname is Cowboy. I come from a long line of cowboys/cowgirls.
4. When You Say Nothing At All, by Keith Whitley is a favorite song of mine. I love everything about his voice and the music put to the words, fantastic. Begin Again, by Taylor Swift is another one I’ll share. The writing, is beautiful and I find myself listening to the words frequently. I love the story she tells.
5. I miss riding around in the pick-up with my brother. He’s one of my favorite cowboys and living sixteen hours from him makes me sad. He’s my favorite cook, he fixes everything, he can two-step better than my father, he lets me ride in the Case IH or semi with him, he taught me how to drive a three-on-the tree in Old Blue…oh yeah, this was supposed to be about me. Oops. ((lost in thought))
6. My favorite vacation spot is in the Colorado Rockies. Summer after summer we’d drive up and stay in Eldora, CO at my great uncle’s cabin. It was their summer home and break from California. The cabin was my happy place. I fear that the cousins who have it now, don’t appreciate it quite the same way my father’s family does.
7. My nickname is Aud, and oddly enough I prefer odd numbers. I have a sister who prefers even numbers. Imagine the fight over how the egg carton should look. 🙂 She thinks they all need a buddy. I believe having one stand alone in the column shows independence and bravery. Self confidence, if you will. (I know, it’s just an egg. Who cares…)
8. My dream is to have a porch big enough for all of my friends. We’d sit together, talk about everything, sing familiar songs, I’d feed them, oh how we’d laugh, I’d love on them, offer them ice tea, even sweetened if they preferred, and then make them pinky promise to come back again tomorrow.
9. I’m interested in the Salem witch trials. I cannot imagine living during that time period. The Shape of Mercy, if you’re interested in a fiction story on the events of that time, is a good look inside. I don’t believe in witchcraft. What actually happened during the course of one year (1692-1693) makes my stomach turned over and over again.
10. If I can’t build you up, then who will? I love what God has put me here to do, I honestly do. XOXO