I have to accept the award given to me twice yesterday. The Dragon’s Loyalty Award has become one of my favorites, so the chance to blog about it again is so very welcomed. I’m thrilled to be acknowledged by two humorists or humourists. They’re brilliant at pulling out a chuckle or smirk. I was offered a new button for this award, but there’s something about this one that I like, so I’m keeping it. I’ve offered the other two options below, but first let’s get to the two bloggers responsible for making my day brighter yesterday.
A huge thank you to Christopher S. Malone for his nod in my direction. If you’re not following his blog, The Infinite Abyss(es), you should be and it is in your best interest to start today. You’ll enjoy his About Me page, as it’s titled “This Guy, I Tell Ya… Yeah, he has a great sense of humor and some pretty relatable interests. Not limited to: whiskey, peanut M&Ms, Jazz, and playing the guitar. An interest of his that I’m most impressed with is his love of Improv performance. I am a huge admirer of this craft. A recent post about his new Converse sneakers, also highlights an update on the Syracuse Improv Collective. This creative outlet is on my list for a visit when I make it to Syracuse, NY.
Stop over and give him a read, a look, maybe a test drive. You won’t be disappointed. Well, probably not. He recently admitted to this red head that he’d been neglecting any interest that he may have had in the band Whitesnake. So, as punishment…I give him a bit of Whitesnake. Just a bit, because I know he likes his music, even if this isn’t one of them.
Frankly, I’m a bit confused over what it was that I found interesting about this band. I blame the late 80’s and an older brother for my falling victim to its album. Oh, and you’re welcome ladies…
The next thank you goes out to my friend, Don Charisma. Once again, he’s awarded the Dragon’s Loyalty Award to this little blog that could. I am grateful for his continued support. He’s recently come back to his blog after a week’s rest, or not, as you guys know he moves rather quickly through this life. I’m sure he has plenty of things in store for us, he usually does. I hope y’all caught his latest Improve writings for Whose Blog Is It Anyway? 2. It was another great set of posts, in fact, Christopher has a post in that bunch. Don’s currently adding pictures of a panoramic view of London. His intent is to convince us that London, even when wet and cold, can be beautiful. He’s preaching to the choir’s red head, as I’ve had a love affair with this historical gem and its country for years.
I feel like I should give Don a song, as well. I mean, Christopher got one…so it’s only fair, right? Okay, here it is…I make no promises, but I’m going to defer to my British friends from college and go with a favorite of ours. Cheers, Don. You’re the best.
Umm, no complaints. We rocked this song back in the mid 90s. I just know you’ll love this one, Don. It just feels right. I mean, their hats in the video look so similar to a hat I’ve seen somewhere else…any ideas?
If you prefer, you can paste this picture of the award to your blog.
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
1. Display to Award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
5. Write seven interesting things about yourself.
You could even choose this photo above, if you’d like. Quite a nice one, actually.
Section 2: Seven interesting things about me. My favorite part (not really):
1. I write bad poetry, meaning I never seem to follow the rules. I should really try harder, as I’m sure to be annoying the crap out of real poets. For that, I am truly sorry.
2. I go weak in the knees over eye contact.
3. I stood inches away from Slash at the Kentucky Derby. I can die now…
4. I’ve always sorted my M&Ms by color and then eaten them in order of importance. Blue, red, yellow, orange, brown and then I eat the best color, green. It kinda stresses me out when I can’t do this…nothing else in my life has this kind of order, I assure you.
5. I’m addicted to the scan button on the radio. I only stay for about 30 seconds on any given song. I fear I could miss the best song being played, and in Houston, this really means something. Our radio stations, short of three, really stink. It’s shocking how bad they are, actually. I should really go into radio. I could turn those stations around instantly.
6. I’m currently trying to convince myself that it’s okay to buy a pair of cowboy boots. I spent my whole life wearing them, well until college, anyway. I vowed I’d never need them again. After six years in Texas, I suppose I should buy a pair for the Houston Rodeo.
7. I recently went to a karaoke bar with a couple of girlfriends. I have the itch now, so we’ll have to go back. I’ve chosen my song already. I think I can rock this version and show a few of those guys from the other night how it’s done. I’m female, so already I’m ahead of the game. I forgot how much fun it was to sing old rock ballads.
I’m giving this award to these fellow bloggers. No, you don’t have to accept, just know I adore you and appreciate your comments and recent loyalty. Christopher and Don, you automatically get this right back. Thanks, Guys. Randomly added as I went down my notifications:
http://sharonboninpratt.wordpress.com – You’re the best, Shari. You may have been my first blogging friend. Love you.
http://blessingsthruraindrops.com – One of my first followers, Becky. A redheaded baseball fan, as well. Love her.
http://kateloveton.wordpress.com – We’re buds and I’m her second favorite Audrey. The Lovely, Kate.
http://thepunchylands.wordpress.com – Talk about loyalty, and because I know Duke’s rolling his eyes right now. 😯 🙄
http://harcourt51.wordpress.com – The Thinker, just keep doing what you do best over at Harcourt.
http://greenembers.wordpress.com – Hoping this gives you a smile, Brad. Draw something!!
http://culturemonk.com – Strong conversations happening over on this blog. Don’t forget your coffee. I could say more.
http://worddreams.wordpress.com – Jacqui, is the best of the busiest. She leads me when I have no idea what I’m doing.
http://legendsofwindemere.com – Rockin’ a fantasy series, Legends of Windemere and may be trying to stay out of jail.
http://johnwhowell.com – Just finished his Blog Tour, My GRL sounds exciting. Local southern Texas boy, shout out.
http://willowdot21.wordpress.com – Willow, she’s more than just a storyteller. Hi, Willow. Strong. Kindred spirit.
http://chrismcmullen.wordpress.com – My go to guy for word games and all things writing related. He’s a keeper.
http://acuriousgal.com – This lady pegged me for a Midwestern girl from the get go. Knows my stoppin’ grounds well.
http://heatherbcosta.wordpress.com – Currently first in line to travel the world with me, Ms. Costa. xxx It’s our thing.
http://middlemaybooks.com – Currently reading her book…yes there is a needle on the front. Check her out! Hugs.
http://richardankerswrites.wordpress.com – Because we all love an earth shattering poet. He has abilities beyond…
http://redclayandroses1.wordpress.com – Not only because I envy her free time, but also for her new book.
http://geanieroake.wordpress.com – I must include my favorite Library Lady, who would I go to for help? Super sweet.
http://shadowsofthedivine.wordpress.com – She’s getting married this weekend, so if for no other reason. Congrats!
Thanks and again, no worries, if you don’t accept awards or have time for them. I just wanted to say thanks for sticking with me through the nutty posts of the future and for all your recent encouraging comments. Love you guys!